My Store Facebook Pinterest Twitter Instagram Image Map

August 6, 2013

Milk, Mice, and Cookies


This is a book companion for the book If You Give A Mouse A Cookie by Laura Joffe Numeroff.  I enjoyed creating this so much. It was a lot of work, but I am so appreciative of my help and input from Jess over at Figuratively Speeching.

This is the first in my series of book units from the "If You Give A..." books. I will also be doing If You Give A Moose A Muffin, If You Give A Pig A Pancake, and If You Give A Cat A Cupcake. I would like to know if you would like to see the same activities in this pack tailored to each individual book or if you would like to see totally different activities for each book.

This unit is a total of 43 pages. It can be used for preschool - second or third grade. It contains activities for older elementary children including graphic organizers, auditory memory, and articulation.


p. 4-6 Sequencing with transitional phrases including first, next, after that, finally.


p. 8-13 Auditory Memory with activities including repetition of 3 unrelated words in exact order and WH question sets from the story.

p. 15-23 Word Association graphic organizers. Students can either draw a picture that goes with the word or they can write the words in the boxes.
 p. 25-27 Cause and Effect flow chart and homework practice pages. Flow chart can be cut out and used for sequencing as well.


p. 29-30 Vocabulary pictures from the text

p. 32-33 Describing Students are to give three attributes of objects from the story, or students are to guess the object when the therapist gives three attributes of the object.

p. 34 Game Board

p. 36-41 Articulation cards for /k,g,l/ directly from the words or pictures in the book. These cards contain pictures and words so that they an be used for younger or older students.

So what do y'all think? Does this seem like a unit that you could use with your students to accomplish their IEP goals?  I cannot wait to use this in my classroom for the first week of school.  I will also probably have the students draw a picture of their family like the mouse did and we can talk about that as a get to know you activity. 

You can find this unit right here. If you download, be sure to leave me some feedback so I know how you like it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment