My Store Facebook Pinterest Twitter Instagram Image Map

January 16, 2014

My week under The Umbrella


This week was fun, rough, busy, tiring, and basically fabulous.  I started the week with a phonemic awareness book companion for The Snowy Day. Sorry I don't have any pictures for that, but it was crazy busy. BUT - here is the link to the unit from Speech Universe.  It is a great unit that I really enjoyed using with the kids and it's inexpensive too!

Then, I had an "ah-ha" moment on Thursday while I was working with some first graders.  Most of my students need help with sight words. Either they have trouble with a specific sound in them, or they are having trouble with the reading of them all together. So I did some searching on TpT and found a set of games for sight words that is geared to K and 1st grade and uses Dolch words.  The kids did great with them and were so excited to practice those words! What's more the games are FREE. Here's the link.


Ok, ok, ok. So, not all of the game boards had all the sounds in them that I wanted for artic. Back to TpT I go.  Never fear…. I found these!


These games are geared toward specific articulation sounds AND they use sight words! SCORE. Here is the link for the Z unit, which includes a homework page and both black and white game boards.  Here is the link for the R game board (1 page). Both are FREE! Karen Pritchett is the creator of these units and she has created more sounds as well and bundled them here. Those are on sale right now for $8.50 and are ON my wish list! 

Do you use sight words in speech therapy? How do you feel about it? I have heard some speech therapists say, "I'm not a reading teacher." But, come on! We have to all work together and give the students what they need in my opinion…. and if I can work on artic AND sight words, I think that is a win/win!

So, look what I saw at Target this week:


Its a little tee shirt that would be perfect for my 3 year old! I thought it was such a cute image and just wanted to share.  I love my life under The Speech Umbrella!

And just another little side note… did y'all know I have another blog? It's called The Posh SLP and it is all about beauty, fashion, reviews, family, classroom design, and whatever else! It is not about speech materials or TpT haha! That's what The Speech Umbrella is for! ;-) Anyway, follow this link and give me a like on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, and Bloglovin'! 

XOXO!

1 comment:

  1. You are so sweet to mention my products on your blog! This is amazing. I'm so flattered - please send me your email address! mrspritchettsprintable@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete